About The Society
The Midwives Society of South Africa aims to raise the status, maintain the integrity, support and promote the interests of the midwife, develop and promote an adequate, efficient and effective midwifery service in South Africa, consider every matter in connection with or with reference to midwifery and act as an advisory body, bring about liaison and cooperation with other groups and health care providers associated with midwifery, encourage the establishment of local groups in order to promote the aims and goals of the Society, promote research in midwifery and promote liaison with midwifery groups internationally.
Joining the "Society of Midwives of South Africa" allows a member to be part of a dynamic society of professionals taking the lead in peri-natal care in South Africa and some of the benefits include:
- Reduced cost in registration fees of Annual Midwives Congress
- Invitations to events and congresses
- The privilege to be elected by the national committee for support to international events
- Support and guidance via telephone or email
- Becoming part of a local network through regional branches and contacts
- SOMSA website for online resources and upcoming events
Membership is payable annually and must be paid by no later than 31 March of each year.
To register please download the membership form, complete and return to Ingrid Jacobs on firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 664 9767.
Each member will be issued with a membership card (if ordered) and a receipt.
* Refer to the constitution for further details
Membership Application Form
Please make contact with us should you have any queries or questions